Hello my PA TRIO friends:
I hope you are planning on joining us in State College on Oct 11-14, 2016 for our annual conference "Journey Together: Our #TRIO Stories." We have planned many exciting things for you!
1. This conference is about sharing your #TRIOStory and connecting with others on this journey. Share your thoughts, pictures and adventures leading up to, during and after our conference on social media. Please use our Twitter handle @PennsylTRIO and the following hashtags:
2. We will kick off the conference on the evening of Tuesday, October 11 with a plenary session and community service project. We will be collecting gift cards, cash and items for CCWRC (Centre County Women's Resource Center) to help children, women and families in crisis. Attached is a file of ideas / items that you can bring to donate. This evening will be about the beginning of this campaign, but it will continue throughout the conference with an announcement of our final donation on Friday, October 14.
3. Also on Tuesday evening, we will be taking a group picture of our association. Please wear an item of clothing with the logo or name of the institution where you work. You are a part of the PA TRIO journey and we want to capture our story.
4. The development committee will be asking you to pull out your pocket book before and after the conference to build up our scholarship fund.
First, there is the PA TRIO Challenge. Do you know someone who has made a significant contribution to TRIO or education? Nominate them to be recognized at our annual conference. A letter is attached for more information.
Next, we are asking for basket donations for the silent auction. If you or your program is willing to donate a themed basket, please let us know via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
5. On Wednesday morning, we will join in facilitated roundtable sessions by program type as an opportunity to gather with our peers. Please bring an application / workshop handout / program piece to share with others and discuss. We hope you will find this beneficial!
6. Wednesday afternoon holds time to meet and greet our board members. We want to give you all an opportunity to learn more about PA TRIO and make it a priority to join us in service. Our officers and committee chairs will be available for questions and give you contact information to take the next step, big or small.
7. Wednesday evening is all about fun! Benefiting our scholarship fund, we will be hosting a digital scavenger hunt through the University Park campus of Penn State. For $15, you can choose to join us for the quest or simply take a slow-paced shorter stroll to meet the hunters at their final destination. Prizes will be awarded and both adventures are sure to be a blast!
8. Thursday evening is our PA TRIO Awards Banquet, where we honor our scholarship recipients and guests. Afterwards, we will be hosting the PA TRIO's "The Voice" Contest where you will get to test your singing skills. For a $5 donation (benefiting our scholarship fund), you can sing alone or join a team along for a crazy time!
Thank you all and we hope to see you soon at The Atherton in State College. (Book your room soon as the block / PA TRIO rate closes this Friday!)
April Belback and John Kula, Co-Chairs
2016 PA TRIO Annual Conference