2016 PA TRIO Achiever Nomionations
The Membership committee is accepting nominations for Pennsylvania TRIO Achievers through Friday, February 19th. To be considered as a PA TRIO Achiever, a nominee:
- Must be a former TRIO project participant who was enrolled in and successfully completed a TRIO program;
- Must have enrolled in and successfully completed a postsecondary program of study resulting in a baccalaureate or terminal degree from an accredited institution of higher education;
- Must be a person of high stature within his/her profession or a person who has received recognition for academic achievement;
- Should be employed above the entry level designation for his/her profession, enrolled in a program for a degree above the baccalaureate degree, have done one or both of the previous items, or have retired; and
- Should have made significant civic, community, or professional contributions.
In addition, the nominee's participation in the PA TRIO project must have had significant impact upon the candidate in obtaining his/her educational and/or professional objectives. Finally, the representing organization of the nominator must be a current PA TRIO member, unless the program is no longer in existence.
I am sure that all of your programs have many worthy alumni who meet these criteria, so please consider nominating one for this year's PA TRIO Achiever. For your convenience, I have attached a letter outlining the nomination criteria and and supporting documentation and a PA TRIO Nomination Form to this message. Please forward your nominations to me at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 19th. I hope to receive your PA TRIO Achiever nomination soon!
Below are the Cover Letter and PA TRIO Achiver Nomination Form in PDF format.